“You always figure things out when it’s too late. This is the problem of human nature. You figure out you’re on the wrong track when your athletes are not performing well, but that mistake has been made three months before when you didn’t see it, when you though “hey this is going great, I’m such a good coach.” Then they fail miserably, and then that mistake has been made before so always try to plan ahead.”
Always great to get to catch up with my good friend Henk Kraaijehnof in this episode of The Podcast. Throughout the 38-minute chat we talk about:
- Henk’s new roles in the world of coaching, and how some things have come full circle.
- How a new location has allowed Henk to “do Henk things” with exploring and researching.
- How hindsight is always 20/20, so identifying “mistakes” in training may be more difficult then we tend to believe.
- Trends that could be holding coaches back, and how we can all filter who we are learning from and what we are looking at
- The importance of being your biggest critic
- Humility, and understanding that what may be great today may not lead to success tomorrow.
A huge thanks to Exxentric for supporting the show. Exxentric is the leader in fly wheel technology. Their kBox and kPulley have had a huge impact in the preparation and RTP programs. Make sure you hop over to www.exxentric.comand check out all their sensational products today!
We couldn’t be more excited to have Henk back on the docket as part of The Pittsburgh Seminar, and hope you’re able to join us April 29th and 30th at Union Fitness in Pittsburgh, PA! Tap the link to book your seat today! https://cvasps.com/the-2022-pittsburgh-seminar/