“What am I going to do for this kid? Because he doesn’t even know what makes him good. Genuinely, we can say we do, we have no idea what makes these people good.”
In today’s episode of The Podcast I sit down and chat with Freak Strength’s Mike Guadango. During the 32-minute chat we talk about:
- The crazy world of being a “sport specialist” and the ebbs and flows of it that he’s lived through.
- The role asymmetries in sport, and why coaches may not want to “correct” some.
- A unique method to build “work capacity” in rehab that has helped his athletes improve at a greater rate.
- The role of psychology in high level sport and the mental gaps between the good and the elite.
- The misconceived connection between aesthetics and performance.
- Understanding that the outliers do things differently because they’re outliers, and maybe “correcting” those “mistakes” is not what’s best for their performance.
A huge thanks to Exxentric for supporting the show. Exxentric is the leader in fly wheel technology. Their kBox and kPulley have had a huge impact in the preparation and RTP programs. Make sure you hop over to www.exxentric.com and check out all their sensational products today!
We couldn’t be more excited to have Mike on the docket as part of The Richmond Seminar, and hope you’re able to join us July 15 and 16 at The Marriott Short Pump! Tap the link to book your seat today! https://cvasps.com/the-2022-richmond-seminar/