Dr. Natalia Verkhoshansky – Shock Method and Plyometrics: updates and in-depth examination
- Dr. Natalia Verkhoshansky’s father, Dr. Yuri Verkhoshansky, has been deemed “The Father of Plyometrics”. Although his main “finding” was that of the shock method, also known as depth jumps. In her presentation Dr. Natalia Verkhoshansky discusses the latest contribution and updates of this method, its implications in training the athlete and the taxonomy of Plyometric exercises with the rules of their progressing during the training process, the research behind them, and the progressions used to implement them..
Dr. Natalia Verkhoshansky – General Adaptation Syndrome and its Application to the Sports Training
- The General Adaptation Syndrome (GAS) has been looked upon as the benchmark for understanding the stress response to training, thus determining the “adaptations” that will be seen in the athletes. Dr. Verkhoshansky will give her take on GAS, areas that coaches can observe, and how this theory has been adapted sense its inception.
Dr. Natalia Verkhoshansky – Dual Package of Dr. Verkhoshansky’s 2012 presentations
- Cal Dietz-“New Loading Methods and Techniques in Sport Specificity”
- Dr. Yessis-“Specialized Exercises-How to Use Them in the Practical Setting”
- Ethan Reeve-“Density Training and Program Design”
- Dr. Mianfang Ruan- “The Present and Future of Chinese National Centralized Sports Training System”
- Dr. Vladimir Issurin-“Block Periodization-New Approach To High-Performance Training Design”
- Joel Jamieson-“A New Perspective on Energy Systems”
- Cal Dietz-“Block Metod Progression in the Transfer of Speed Performance”
The 2011 Seminar in it’s full. Over 10 hours of information some of the best minds in the field, for only $97.00. Click the names above for a preview of each presentation.